CABHI’s Mentorship, Capital, and Continuation (MC2) program, in partnership with National Bank, presents MC2 Market Readiness, a first-of-its-kind collaboration with California-based accelerator, Berkeley SkyDeck.
A program for healthtech companies whose solutions improve the lives of aging adults.
Bespoke support and acceleration services from CABHI, a founder-friendly solutions accelerator, and Baycrest, a global leader in aging and brain health.
SkyDeck’s premier six-month growth accelerator program, and a chance to commercialize, scale, and grow internationally with support from Silicon Valley’s world-class mentors, advisors, and investors.
Track Record: SkyDeck companies have raised $1.2 billion with 11 companies exiting through acquisition. To date, 2 out of 3 companies participating in the program have received follow-on funding.
Up to $150K investment via SAFE or unsecured venture debt to help your company reach a business milestone.
Track Record: CABHI’s companies have raised over $100M, exponentially grown gross revenue, and over 40% of all CABHI companies have received follow-on funding.
Bridging the Gap: CABHI & SkyDeck
Ontario healthtech companies face an early-stage funding gap. We bridge this gap through a unique partnership with the Berkeley SkyDeck’s Global Innovation Partnership (GIP) Program. Our goal? To connect Ontario healthtech companies to the Silicon Valley ecosystem, where they can scale and grow their businesses competitively.
Work with us to define what specific business milestone will unlock your Seed or Series A funding.
What do you do?
- Your company has a presence in Ontario, and you are developing healthtech solutions that could improve the lives of aging adults
- Your company is at the Seed stage and ready to be piloted and/or purchased
- Your innovation focuses on at least one the following five Innovation Themes:
- Aging in Place
- Care Coordination and Navigation
- Care Provider and Caregiver Support
- Cognitive Health
- Indigenous, Diverse, and Rural Populations
How CABHI can help.
- Bespoke support and acceleration services (e.g., Access to paying customers and distribution channels)
- Connections with companies and industry professionals from across Ontario to Silicon Valley, and into the broader global ecosystem
- Expert help with acquiring customers, growing revenue, developing sales pipelines, incorporating in new jurisdictions, and obtaining follow-on investments
- Access to CABHI’s advisors and 100+ industry experts
What SkyDeck can offer.
- Engagement in a prestigious and exclusive 6-month accelerator program in the heart of Silicon Valley, remotely and virtually
- Access to SkyDeck advisors and 250+ industry experts
- Pitch Day/Showcase event with more than 100-person audience that includes investors, advisors, and mentors
- The chance to present at SkyDeck’ s Demo Day with over 600 attendees*
*Contingent on company’s readiness.
CABHI’s MC² Market Readiness: get one step closer to achieving procurement and adoption in the health care sector within and beyond Ontario.
Let us help you get market ready.
“CABHI’s MC2 program has been a gamechanger for MindfulGarden. Through it, we participated in the prestigious Berkeley SkyDeck Accelerator Global Innovation Partner (GIP) Program. Like Y-Combinator or 500 Startups, SkyDeck is a top-tier global accelerator. Through SkyDeck, MindfulGarden was able to leverage the credibility and vast network of UC Berkeley to connect with key investors, media, health authorities, and others in the US healthcare system. The program enabled us to secure additional non-dilutive capital, and has helped us get our messaging, pitch deck, and investor documents dialed in preparation for a seed financing round to follow.”
“Our unique partnership with CABHI provides access to capital and early adopters – CABHI fills a gap in Ontario that exists for health tech companies. Through the market readiness program, Curiato successfully met new growth investors in Silicon Valley and potential clients across the US.”
Key 2020 Program Dates
Thursday, August 13, 2020
Monday, September 7, 2020
Shortlisted applicants notified
Tuesday, September 14, 2020
Wednesday, September 16 to
Friday, September 18, 2020
Due Diligence Days for finalists
Wednesday, September 23 to
Friday, September 25, 2020
Selected applicants notified
Monday, October 5, 2020
Program start date
Monday, October 26, 2020
Download the full program package (French-language version available here)
Applications closed on Monday, September 7, 2020.
Questions about the program? Contact Sunny Han, Analyst, Innovation Office, CABHI, at firstname.lastname@example.org.