Each project accepted into a CABHI program aligns with one or more of our targeted Innovation Themes. These themes are reassessed on a regular basis to ensure they target ongoing and emerging needs.
- Aging at Home. Solutions that enable older adults at risk for or living with developing dementia to maximize their independence, so that they can live at home and remain active in the community for as long as possible.
- Caregiver Support. Solutions that support informal or formal caregivers in their care for older adults living with dementia.
- Care Coordination and Navigation. Solutions that help older adults with or at risk of developing dementia, as well as their caregivers and healthcare providers, coordinate care and care transitions.
- Cognitive Health. Solutions that maintain or enhance brain health, or that support the identification and assessment of adults at risk for developing dementia or cognitive impairment.
- Financial Health and Wellness. Solutions that help older adults remain financially independent, stay safe in the workplace longer, seek later-life employment, prepare for retirement, plan for financing care, and prevent financial exploitation.
- Indigenous, Diverse, and Rural Populations: Solutions that support healthy aging in Indigenous, diverse, or rural communities, ensure design of solution for under-represented and racialized groups, and increase solution accessibility, to address critical issues of health inequity.